Saturday, March 7, 2009

US District Court Juror # 05187609823

yea...tha'd be me.

I've been summoned for jury duty for the US District Court beginning April 6. Failure to appear and I could be held in contempt of court.

I have been called to jury duty more times than any other person I know. Seems like every other year I am summoned. Why? I wasn't born in this state. I've only lived here (on and off) since late 1993. I am a home owner, but so is my husband who, incidentally, WAS born here and has lived here HIS ENTIRE LIFE.

I can't say I am sad to be called because I get a free pass from work and I might get sequestered. That could be kinda fun. There have been some BFD cases on the "V. V." lately. Not that I ever really watch the TV or listen to the news, it's just to sad and depressing for my taste, but we have a several friends in the local Federal Law Enforcement divisions here in town. Specifics are never given, but it's mentioned, in confidence, that "something" is going on.

Who knows? I may get a murder trial, or a big drug ring to determine innocence or guilt. I have 5 days to fill out the form that was attached to the summons and then I have to call back on April 3rd to make sure my presence is required. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I have agreed to run a 5K for my local high school. I would like to think that my child will be too smart to attend public school. I am not saying people who went/go to public school are dumb, taking into consideration I was a military brat and I DID graduate from a prestigious, all though not an ivy league, college, I still consider my self smart. However, I feel cuddle bug will get a better chance at being successful as an adult if he has the opportunity to go to private school. I've been eating words lately, so I am sure this will no miss the dinner plate.

Hubby, cuddle bug and I went to the park this morning so i could walk/run/embarrass my self around the track. I managed to make it 4 times around (the equivalent to two miles). I ran less that a quarter mile combined. (Hey!! I never said I was in shape... ) but i did walk the rest. I can feel myself getting in shape. now if I can just convince my sweet, loving and "supportive" husband to... uh, well... SUPPORT me.

No comments: