Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My photography

One reason why I haven't posted my photography is because I blog from my extraordinarily boring corporate job, and they have security measures in place blocking photo hosting web sites like flicker and photobucket. I can't even view images from those sites. But I do have some images here on my computer I can try to upload straight to blogger...

Here's a bit about my experience as a Photographer:
I started shooting professionally in August of 2004. My first paid gig was a wedding for a friend of my sister's. It was a small wedding at a small venue. It was the perfect jumping off point. I learned a billion things that day and made a life long friend. 10+ weddings later I've decided I'd rather not do weddings by myself any longer and so I contract freelance with a local studio. I do mostly family portraits or model portfolio sessions from my studio while being 2nd shooter for big name weddings here in town. I have my own lights and backdrops but until last year, my only studio was my living room or God's country. Since I am working to merge my business with another photography studio I have access to a shooting space. That is so cool... I pay a nominal fee to use the space, but it's worth it to avoid having to clean my house and ask my family to leave so the people can come and I can set up the backdrops.

Attached are some images I shot in my home/studio. D, the preggie, and R, the male man, are not related and don't know each other. These are the only ones I have readily available to show. Excuse the poor images resolution since I had to add a watermark, I don't know how these will turn out. If you're interested in seeing other works, post your email address and I'll be glad to message you with my website.





























































No comments: