Monday, March 2, 2009

Me, mentally

Ok, so I thought I would give you a partial run-down of my mental thought process.

I think first I will say this: Today...I am in a mood. I am a woman and I have hormones so I get moods from time to time. Today my mood stems directly from several incidences at my office. Everyone shall remain nameless, but I still hold them responsible for my mood.

I will jot down the 5 things that represent my emotional and mental behavior. This list may grow longer as things come to mind.

1. I LOATHE to do things twice if once would have been sufficient.

For example, working out at the gym once is insufficient to gain a better physique. So, going to the gym on a regular and consistent basis is an acceptable repetition. However, if someone asks me to complete a task for which incomplete or partial instruction was given, and I am not informed of said missing information prior to beginning my research, then I do not feel I should have to re-do a task that I could have done correctly the first time..

2. I do not hold a grudge, just the memory of the incident.

I pride myself on this. I feel it important to never hold a grudge because that reflects poorly on you as a decent and righteous human being. We are given the ability to be gracious and forgiving and it’s my opinion holding a grudge is a degradation of your character and a complete waste of energy. However, I never forget the wrong that was done. Forgiving is divine, forgetting is puerile.


3. I don’t nag.

And I truly believe I don’t. When I ask someone to do something, I fully expect them to do it. If they don’t I inquire as to the reason the task wasn’t complete and then we agree on a designated completion date and time. Then I note item #2.


4. I would rather do things myself.

Yes, this is true. And the adage is also true: if you want something done right the first time, do it yourself. I believe this 100%. However, there is not enough hours in the day to take care of the hundred-million-billion-trillion things that I, as a human, woman, daughter, sister, friend, mother, and wife must do every day to function. Then add in the things I’d like to do for myself…. Forget it. But I digress.


5. Once my mind is set, no amount of discussion will change my mind.

This goes for the way I feel about the most benign discussion topics to the most detailed events possible. Once I have my mind set, it’s set. Unless….. You can convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt, with proof in your hands. I had a full blown yelling match with my dad about the length of time we lived in Germany. I told him it was from 1989-1991 and he told me it was until 1992. We literally argued to the point of yelling about the duration. It finally took him saying “DO YOU WANT ME TO BRING OUT THE ORDERS????” (Military family) Finally I was gave in and let him “win”, even though I still believe we left in 1991.

More tomorrow….

No comments: