Tuesday, March 31, 2009

bored and boring.

From 2005-2006 I froze my tail off because I was in the process of losing 60+ pounds. Today is no different... I am freezing and I need to lose about that much. Since 03/19/09 I'm down 3.06 pounds. Yea me. (_/_)(__)(_\_)

I feel like such a big girl today. I have on heels and I'm studying my CFE exam questions. I've successfully completed two of the four sections. There are a total 1,500 questions and the two sections I've finished totaled: 525. The section I am working on now has 600 questions and I've answered over 250 correctly so far. I would much rather be doing a multitude of other things but I really want to get this exam finished. I won't be able to take the actual exam until I have successfully completed all four section with an 85% or better. So far my average is: 91.5%. I achieved a 94% on the Law section and an 98% on the Criminology section. Currently in the Financial section and I did surprisingly well on the Money Laundering sub-section. :\ There are 21 sub-sections to the Financial section... ugh.

It's required to have three letter's of recommendation. The letters have to reference your morality and must include an anecdote about working with me. I requested letter's from an FBI Special Agent, IRS Fraud Agent and a Business Attorney. My manager has to also write me a letter of recommendation. I received her's last week and OMG! It was a GLOWING recommendation. I was actually left speechless. I have to supply my education and work experience as the required qualifications of a Bachelor's degree (of which I earned in 2006) and time in service (of which was satisfied in December of 2006, but I got pregnant so I put my request to order the prep course on hold).

And here I sit with my exam ticking away while I type this blog. There is a minimum time requirement for the prep course. Once that time has been met I will be eligible to submit my letter's of recommendation, education, time in service and prep course exam information to the ACFE organization. Once verified, they will send to me the necessary password to unlock the actual exam.

Fun times.

Feel free to hit me up on twitter or blip... I get bored with all of the questions and answers that don't always seem to make sense.

I have been called to appear for jury duty next week. I mentioned before, I don't really mind jury duty. I really wish I would get selected for a trial. But since I am actively pursing my Certified Fraud Examiner designation and I've been an employee of the largest health insurance company in the state... I doubt I will be selected. But... How knows? I have to call this Friday to verify I am actually supposed to show up bright and early Monday morning. I will know more details after Friday.

No comments: