Monday, March 9, 2009

4/25 = 5K + BS + W

I learned yesterday I have triple booked myself April 25. I agreed to run a 5k, be a hostess for a baby shower AND shoot a wedding. (say a prayer for me.)

Here's the bad part...I can't "get out" of any of it. Not that I really WANT to "get out" of doing any of it, but if I could, at the very least, reschedule one of these events, I most certainly would.

I am still looking for music for my mp3 player. I need some "move your butt" music. I don't really have a preference of musical style. I tolerate more of it than enjoy it, but any suggestion given will be considered. My email address is: deshaine at deshaine dot com. Feel free to email me, and often. It's not my main email account, but I do check it daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

I went to c25k to get a training schedule. They only had a 9-week schedule, so I modified it a bit. And, according to my calculations, I should be ready to run the 5k one week prior to the actual race. Which is phenomenal. Now I just need to get off my butt and DO it.

I think I may poll my training partner and see if she wants to create a "running club"; and if she agrees, then I think I may create a logo and t-shirt concept. I have this great idea, but I want to talk with her about it first before I post it here.

The baby shower is for my bestest, bestest friend, Saci. She was so amazing for everything she did for my shower and while I was pregnant, that I couldn't think of not attending her shower. I am a hostess for her shower and part of my duties is to design the shower invite. I completely stole an idea off of a website and I plan to modify it slightly to make it my own. She really liked it as is, but did offer some suggestions, and I am glad to make those changes happen for her. She designed my shower invite, so I have no issue doing hers. I'll post a mock of it later.

The wedding is a high profile gig and it will pay me quite well since I will be a lead photog at the ceremony and during the reception. Some of those images will be posted as well.

I really love having something to do. Gives me sense of feeling needed.

On another and completely unrelated note...
I got my pistol permit renewed and my minister license should be in the mail next week.

No comments: