Thursday, March 19, 2009

Karma, Faith and Destiny

And no. These are not my favorite baby girl names. These are the things I believe with regard to 'religion'. I've mention I am an ordained minister and I searching for a title. Something other than 'Reverend.'

My grandfather is a Baptist Minister; so, to me Reverend is reserved for 'real' ministers. I don't want to disrespect what others believe. That is not the purpose of this post. It's to express my feelings and general outlook with regard to: karma, faith and destiny, AKA: religion.

I believe everything happens for a reason. That reason is not necessarily due to G-o-d, but to a higher 'being' or spirit. I use those term loosely because I feel everything has a spirit of some sort. Whether it's the strand of Mardi Gras beads I have hanging on my lamp, my ideas and creations, all the way to my child (and unborn children) and the people around me. There is a spirit to everything. All of these things have a past, have a present and will have a future. And with all of these the future is undetermined.

Let's start with: destiny. I sort of addressed it in the previous paragraph. To further expand, I believe everyone's destiny is pre-determined. So, even if you think you have a choice, your choice has already been made for you and you are destined to make that decision: right or wrong. Your path is unchangeable. The destiny of the Mardi Gras beads is to hang on my lamp for eternity, until my (or someone else's) destiny takes over. Destiny....

Karma is a Bitch! And she'll get you! lol... (When my husband and I come back from the beach we always know we're getting close to home when we see the sign that says: "Go to church! Or the DEVIL will GET YOU!!" I can't help but laugh every time I see the sign. But I digress.) To me, karma is similar to destiny. What comes around, goes around mentality. Your karma is (in essence) your destiny. Things happen to you based on the 'decisions' you make. Good things happen to bad people and vise versa bad things happen to good people. It's their destiny. It shapes and molds them into the person they are MEANT to be. I believe everyone has a purpose in our lives. For some people it is clear what their purpose is: teacher, lawyer, parent, etc... Other people must cease to exist in order for us to learn from them. Your karma lead you to your wife, your destiny is to be a widower with a child to care for. A THOUSAND great, fantastic and magnificent things happened because of her passing. You are a changed person, you changed your karma (unlike destiny) to be good karma.... When you started a foundation in her name that helps other widow/widowers, like youreself.

My faith is strong. My faith can be surmise by saying this: everything happens for a reason-- karma is what get's us to our ultimate destiny. I firmly believe and have faith in that statement, that it will never let me down. And for years I've said: "What comes around goes around" and "Everything happens for a reason."

I'm curious on your take on what I've expressed and your belief in church, God and religion. Feel free to email me at: deshaineATdeshaineDOTcom or add a link to my comments section to your blog about religion. Go ahead...it's your DESTINY!!! ;)

No comments: