Friday, April 17, 2009

My gear...

Well, it's antiquated. I know this. But it's done me well, and I am forced (due to financial restrictions) to continue using it for the foreseeable future. Unless someone wants to be my rich benefactor or sugar daddy... then I'm pretty much stuck. :(

I have at my availability two Nikon D-70's for all of my professional sessions.

I usually use the Nikkor kit lens: 18-80 mm. But I also own a Quantaray 17-300 mm that I use when I am forced to maintain a substantial distance from my subjects. (And NO, I don't mean because of any restraining orders. I mean because some religious buildings do not allow flash during religious ceremonies.) I chose that lens because it was what I could afford at the time. It's suited me fine for all of my needs. And it's still in great condition.

I own a 50 mm that I luuuuuuuurve. If I could shoot with it all the time I absolutely would. It gives me the range in depth of field and shutter speed that I need. In fact, I have a shoot this weekend with this lens in mind. ::giggle::

I have a pinhole adapter that is fun, but not practical for any kind of photography where motion might occur. But it's a cool toy.

I have an SB-800 stand off flash. I love this flash. I've had it since day 1, and I still learn something about it every day. The capabilities of this flash are stellar.

For all of my point-n-shoot opportunities I use a Canon G-10. Best money I ever spent. I am able to be creative with all of my familiar SLR functions: AV, TV, M and it comes with a 3200 ISO option. LOVE this camera. The 3 inch LCD isn't too shabby either. The video function is crazy-cool! This little camera is my buddy. I never leave the house with it. It's BETTER than my Visa.

All in all... I need to upgrade. I know. I would love a D-90 or better. Since I have several lenses and low fundage, I am "forced" to maintain with the Nikon. I need a better sensor and higher ISO to capture and get the images I see online everyday.

For all the those reading this... I am ALWAYS up for suggestions, tip, crits, etc. If you want to see my website, fire an email to: deshaineATdeshaineDOTcom and I will be glad to forward my site address.

No comments: