Friday, February 20, 2009

To blog or not to blog...that is the question.

I've been a lurker of blogger for a while. I read 10-15 new blogs per week and I am a follower of about the same number. I've been wanting to start a blog, but just don't know what to write. I had a post up a while a go with a few pictures and info about me and my family. But I think I've decided I'd rather not get "that" personal with blogging just yet. I will say this...I am married to T and I have a child, J. The gender of my child is not that important, but I am sure it will come out eventually.

I am a photographer and may post pics from those sessions from time to time. I may talk about my clients is a frank way that might be less than flattering to them, but if you were to read the blog that they read, they will be portrayed as the most perfect family and I would talk about how I wish to be half as happy as this family is. :Q

I also have several other pokers in the fire...

I have a day job that is mind numbing from time to time. Although I have been approved to prepare for the Certified Fraud Examiner exam. This is a big deal since I am not a salaried employee. I've bid on several jobs to become salaried; however, my attitude and "lack of experience" (I've been with the company since 1997) keep holding me back. (Wuddeva.)

I've already mentioned photography. I do own my own bitness: CS....but I also contract as a freelancer for another photography studio. I could, perhaps, blog about that from time to time as well. The owner's of F are a married couple. Although, I don't think happily. I am not in the slightest interested in either one of them in any aspect other than photography. So don't get that impression. But I feel it's important to mention that because it will cause problems for me in the future since the wife owner, T, has been sweet talking me into being a "partner". Well, since the wife and the husband, J, might possible divorce I don't want to be caught in the middle and feel like the child in the relationship.

I also am a consultant for a direct sales company that specializes in spa and beauty products. I don't know if I will continue with this much longer, but nonetheless, I am there and still active. I may discuss new products if I feel my readers...uhm, that's YOU, are interested. So, if you've gotten this far and you care to learn more about it, send me a message.

Aside from that... I am in the midst of trying to lose my 80 pounds of baby fat. Ok, ok...it's only 50 pounds NOW, but I gave birth and that was most of it. I've steadily gained, and gained since giving birth and now it's time to lose. My girlfriend, at my day job, REALLY wants to run a marathon next year.


A MARATHON???!?!?!?!?!

::sigh:: "ok. i'll do it with you." (What have I gotten myself in to?)

My personality waxes and wains.... sometimes I wonder if it's normal. My biggest pet peeves when I'm reading is the misuse of an apostrophe... like its vs it's, is it really THAT hard? Ok, i can understand the occasional typo where you type so fast you miss it. but if I read it misspelled perpetually, I am likely to either make a snide comment or just quit reading your blogs. It's not that hard, all you have to do is care just a little bit. I will admit, I am bad about commas. I want to use them EVERYWHERE. I've learned: when in doubt, leave them out. But they're so much fun.... Don't blast me for misspellings. Unlike the times when an apostrophe is necessary there are a plethora of words. And I just can't memorize them all, nor do I want to. I don't always have time to do a spell check.

I smell bar-b-q.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE our mind numbing day job!!!

Anonymous said...

And still variants?