Monday, February 23, 2009

Edit and forget it

So, I spent most of the weekend in a funk. I've been editing my stinking brains out for days, and I am tired of seeing the same faces over and over.

You know...it's really sad when you get tired of seeing strangers and yurn for the sight of familiar faces. So, I spent the weekend visiting with my hubby and cuddle bug. Although, I will admit, it was more the back of my eye lids than anything.

Rest.

It's a wonderful thing.

We also went and looked at a few houses. But it's sad when you have already found the home of your dreams and it's sold. Nothing else seems to compare. "The" house is PERFECT, in every sense. It's three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms upstairs. Down stairs is a finished office/work out room and two other room that could be transformed into staging areas for photo sessions. Could be staged like bed rooms or just empty rooms. Large size rooms too... then... Then... THEN there is the "studio" (or what would be my studio). I don't know the exact dimensions of any of the rooms. I just know the studio space was HUGE. I could be projected my own sense of size into my memory, but that's ok, too. There was also enough room down stairs to partition another two rooms for storage of backdrops, lights, props, etc... Of course water and the plumbing for a spare bathroom was also there. This house, when we looked at it, wasn't finished in the basement. That's the reason for some of the past tense. The house is 4 times the price I paid for my current home. And needless to say, I do NOT make 4 times what I did when I bought my house, so... "THE" house will have to wait. A WHILE.

Since I can't get a new house...I was thinking about getting a new cell phone. Currently my phone is a Treo 700w. I love it. I've had it for a couple of years and it's about time to get a new one. I looked online and found I had a $100 credit when I renew. (YIPPY!!) I can get just about any phone I want for FREE! That's my kind of phone. I have champagne taste but I'm on a beer budget. My husband has the Omnia. It's cool. has a lot of neat features, but I need the on board QWERTY keyboard. The virtual one is not conducive for texting while multi-tasking. So, the next best alternative: Samsung Saga. It's slightly more expensive, but it is supposed to have the same software as the Omnia. Ok, so here is where the confusion really set in: I am only eligible for the $100 credit if I wait until my contract runs completely out to renew. WTF??? That is RE. TARD. ED. My contract runs out 3/29. I just might shop around even further ::cough::att:: and check on the iPhone. ::shrug::

No comments: