Wednesday, February 25, 2009

La dee da...

You know... I am trying to eat right and my friends are HORRIBLE influences. I've done well all week long to eat healthy and then today my BFF, Magdeline, and my new friend, Giggles, decided to gang up on me and bullied me into going to our FAVORITE restaurant: La Fiesta Mexican Ristorante.

::sigh::

Well, instead of ordering my usual meal of chicken quesadilla drowned in cheese dip, I ordered a Vanessa. La Fiesta does not have this on the menu. I actually saw it at another restaurant, tried it, and LOVED it. So, I had this restaurant make it for me...

Salad shell...you know the one I"m talking about? The deep fried tortilla they make into a bowl? I don't really eat that, it's good, I just usually get full before I make it that far.

Add rice, lettuce and chicken (or steak or...). The original restaurant had grilled Mexican chicken that was yummy. But this one had the shredded chicken. It was good either way.

When I got my meal, I still poured the cheese dip over it. Although, I will admit, I didn't use NEARLY as much as i normally do because the salad was already so delicious.

So, I was happy with that. It was good, but now my lips are dry from all the salty chips.

My friends and I: Magdeline, Giggles and Blondie are on a team to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. (We are called "Curl Girls" since we all have curly hair.) It's a state wide attempt to "Scale Back Alabama". I failed miserably the first time around. Looks like this time won't be any better. It's sad because just two short years ago, I was thinner and more healthy than I am now. I got pregnant and well...the rest is history. Don't get me wrong...I'm not "fat", but I am certainly not as thin as I once was. My modeling days are over...to say the least. I would LOVE to get back to that size. But I think the modeling is over for me. It was wonderful, exillerating, and I learned a lot about posing a model when I have them to shoot. I have some amazingly beautiful pictures for posterity. I worked with some amazingly wonderful photographers and models. But, in reality, it was more trouble that it was worth.

Ok, I guess it's off to get some dinner with the hubby and cuddle bug and then off to church for some ash. I still don't know what i am going to sacrifice for Lent. I thought it might be diet coke...but hubby came home last night with a case of diet coke sweetened with splenda...my FAAAAAAAAAAVORITE. (Yes...I am a spoiled wife.)

No comments: