Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat, Ash

Well, today is Fat Tuesday. HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!

I've received three strands of beads and two moon pies, and I didn't even have to show my tah-tahs. :)

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. I wonder if hubby knows. He'll probably want to go to church and have the sign of the cross put on his forehead. I don't mind going to church. I would much rather do something else, though. I wonder what T will sacrifice for Lent?

Hurm...I wonder what I will sacrifice for Lent? What will my pentance be??? ....hurm. Normally I give up smoking or excersizing...things I don't do already. Since I'm not Catholic nor raised in a faith that had such strong convictions, it was sort of an inside joke for me to sacrifice something I was already not doing. But this year...this year I think it might be different. Maybe I will sacrifice something that I really love. Something that I feel I can't live without.

Things I could sacrifice:
  • Checking my email on my Treo
  • NOT exercising two to three days per week

I already DON'T do so much...lol. My sweet hubby does so much to take care of me: laundry, dishes, cleans. Yes. I am a spoiled wife. (I'll blog more on that later.) I guess I could show more attention and affection to my hubby, while sacrificing my own feelings.

We'll see.

Here is a link to another blogger about Lent and who, what, when, where, how and why's of Lent. It's actually very interesting.

In the mean time...enjoy the Fat Tuesday festivities.

No comments: