Monday, March 29, 2010

Going Vegetarian. Again.

Considering going vegetarian.

Again.

When I was growing up I was not able to mentally tolerate meat. Everything about meat simply made me feel queasy: the smell, look and texture of raw meat. Blehk!! And then knowing it came from an animal made it even worse. I wasn’t able to eat eggs until about 5 years ago. Even today they make me cautious. I still do not eat anything on the bone—like chicken wings, T-bones, etc.

So, with that… Here is what I have cut out:

100% pork
90% seafood
75% beef
50% turkey
25% chicken
15% milk & eggs.

I’m loving hummus, tofu and eggplant. I’ve been introduced to TVP, and I’ll give it a go soon.

Feel free to share links to vegetarian recipes… I’m always looking for better, new, different recipes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cookbooks to look at are the "Skinny Bitch" series (three or four of them now) and "How It All Vegan" and "The Garden of Vegan". There's a Zucchini Delight recipe in one of them (I forget which one) that I throw mozzarella on top of and it makes a damn tasty dinner.

I used to think that Tofu was the most god-awful substance on the face of the Earth until I had TVP.

My wife is 80% vegetarian and her mother is raw vegan. I'm sure I can muster up some other cookbooks for you when you get tired of these.

Oh, I have a turkey meatball recipe that's awesome too. I'll email it to you. You'd never know that it's almost healthy...